SailNet Community - View Single Post - Montague Marina - Galliano Island
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013

SchockT is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Montague Marina - Galliano Island

Montague is a very popular spot in the summer because, as you can see from the pic, it is very sheltered. We have stayed at the docks overnight, and they are in ok condition. We were much happier anchoring around the corner off the provincial park. The store is more stocked with touristy stuff, and not really much good for reprovisioning. It is a convenient location for refueling, and I'm sure that is a good moneymaker when you see big power boats chugga-lugging for an hour at a time.
I believe there is also a small restaurant there. The location definitely gets a lot of traffic in the summer, and has a huge potential if someone invested enough money to bring it to the next level! Get rid of the greassy spoon and make it a nice cafe/bistro, stock more groceries in the store, and maybe even a liquor store.

Another marina worth considering is Port Browning on Pender Island. It has an established pub, shower and laundry facilities, a swimming pool and is walking distance from a shopping center which makes it an excellent reprovisioning stop. As far as I know it is still on the market.
Hull#101
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook