SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tea Tree Oil--Any credible 3rd party testing as area biostat?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Re: Tea Tree Oil--Any credible 3rd party testing as area biostat?

As another of the amateurs providing qualitative rather than quantitative benefits from using tree tree oil products I can only say, qualitiatve is good enough for me.

All I know is that when Kanberra was brought to my attention through this forum, I did some reading and decided to go my own cheaper way trying tea tree oil mixtures found online. We started using it both on the boat and in our washing machine which was creating an unplesant odor (Front loaders have a reputation for doing this). All I know is my towels don't stink anymore and my boat doesn't punch me in the face with a musty odor every time I open the companionway every weekend.

Did I actually kill any mold/mildew, or just clean a bunch of it up and keep it from returning? I don't know and I don't care. All I know is since using my homemade tea tree oil concoction I don't have odors unlike products I tried like Fabreze, so I'm just content in my ignorance.

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 04-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook