SailNet Community - View Single Post - I met Reid Stowe
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Re: I met Reid Stowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailvayu View Post
The publishing world is tough I would think he would have to have at least a couple of chapters inked before a publisher would talk to him. They are not going to commit until they feel his story is compelling. It is an interesting story but he has to have something that will capture a reader. I would suggest he do some articles first to get interest. But then I have not published a book so I am just guessing lol.

And Tommays, I grew up in Northport, learned to sail in Duck Island harbor, plan to sail back up there next summer.
I followed his blog. He and Sonya (his common law wife), despite having an interesting story to tell, have an extraordinary talent for conveying it in a wholly self-indulgent yet boring style. It does not feel genuine or sincere but it also manages to be self-aggrandizing and flaky as can be. For example, Reid blogged about how Jesus Christ and Buddha massaged him after a hard day. Remember, it comes from the author of quite possibly the worst rock video of all time:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook