SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tea Tree Oil--Any credible 3rd party testing as area biostat?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Tea Tree Oil--Any credible 3rd party testing as area biostat?

It does clean out my sinus's with boiling water quite well when I have the flu/sore throat etc. At least for a bit so I can get to sleep any how. Supposidly kept folks during the plague from getting it, or stopping it or something to that effect.

So with this in mind, if it does have some kind of killing, destroying effect on molds and mildows.......It woudl not surprise me.

I personally feel that we humans have tried to rely on too many newer "pills" if you will, that trying and using older remidies like this, will benifit us better in the future. Maybe we can get rid of things that are becoming "penicillon" resistant, or like some mosqitoes, ddt resistant.........

The 30+ year horticulturist in me wonders about things like this. Sometimes one has to try to see if it will work......There is a reason WD-40 is WD-40.....40th try at making a oilfree lubricant at Boeing back in the day. "Pam" came out of the same trials. Did not work on plane parts etc, but worked great from a cooking standpoint! WD-40 probably also leaves nothing to the imagination as to what it became too. That was also back in the day when that company would allow employee's to try something, if it worked but not for the initial test, they helped that person patent it, and even some smallish seed money to get the thing started.

Marty