SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bay sailor needed - Deale to Quantico, VA
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013
I'm Jon, I'm a sailaholic

BayWindRider is on a distinguished road
Re: Bay sailor needed - Deale to Quantico, VA

I always plan for the worst possible conditions, but I would push to Smith Creek or beyond on the first day weather permitting. The worst case scenario would be Solomon’s, but I would head towards Smith Creek/St. Mary’s or beyond as long as the mouth of the Potomac isn’t crazy. I’m sure it can get pretty nasty with an easterly wind at high tide or vice versa. I will have to time it right based on the conditions. If I get a crew member I’m more than willing to alter the plan and condense it accordingly (also considering their drive from Deale).

If I have to do everything single handed I will likely keep the current plan. Heck, I might as well check out Solomon’s and St. Mary’s during the late afternoon. That way I won’t get burned out.

If there isn’t overcast the moon should be brilliant that weekend. It’s been a while since I’ve sailed at night, but that would be a wonderful sight on the Potomac. Since I have a newborn, I’ve learned how to operate with little sleep! Lol

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Last edited by BayWindRider; 04-11-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook