SailNet Community - View Single Post - Navico tp1800 stuck at the fully extended position
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013

Brewgyver is on a distinguished road
Re: Navico tp1800 stuck at the fully extended position

There are literally thousands of variations of switches, and at least as many sources for replacements. But it's not as hard as that might sound. Look on the switch itself for a manufacturer and part number. Measure the dimensions of the switch. Typically it will have two small holes through the plastic box shaped body of the switch for mounting, and eiter spader terminals or solder tabs for wiring. Larger ones have screw terminals, but that's less likely in this application. One of the best resources for small electronic parts is Digi-Key. If you search for just "microswitch" it will give you this page, a fantastic search grid just for microswitches. Select one piece of matching info (Manufacturer, first characters in the part #), leave the rest blank, and click "apply filters". I just pulled a switch out of my parts box, saw what looked like a part number that started with V3L- so I scrolled down the "series" column, found and clicked on V3L and applied filters, it gave a list of 6 switches. They didn't have an exact part number match, but part of that number represents the connection type, and they had the same switch as mine with solder tabs instead of quick connect, so if I needed one, that would be better than nothing!

Other possible sources are the dozens of electronics surplus sites, such as All Electronics | Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Parts and Supplies at Discount Prices, but of course they have nowhere near the selection of a Digi-Key or Jameco.

If you get stuck, take a picture of it and post it or PM me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook