SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dorvale amd Krysalid 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post

With that said, I'm seriously reconsidering buying a ("racing") trimaran instead of the boat I had settled on. The one you guys linked me to in that other thread was really nice, although not being able to buy it from new is a bummer. I simply think it would be even more fun, even though it will be a bitch to find a berth for.
Edit:
I found it. It was in this thread, and it was you who posted about it - I'm rather smitten with it, the Krysalid 42:
Interesting Sailboats

I don't know if you have an idea of the costs of one of those new. That is a carbon boat. Some years back the announced price was 415 000 euros for the cruising version that I believe they never made. Probably the racing version, the one that is for sell, was a bit less expensive but not much.

Krysalid'42 trimaran sails for a racing sum of $600,000

If you are not a very rich guy it would make more sense to talk with the NA, buy that used almost new boat for the better price and put him in charge of transforming that on the cruising version. Of course if you want a mew one I am sure the molds are somewhere and the NA can certainly find someone reliable to build it ( in France lots of shipyards specialized in building racing boats).

The NA is Dorvale.

DORVAL Architecture Navale Krysalid 42

We talked here also about another of his designs, an interesting boat and concept, the Loft 40:

LoftBoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Another of those cruisers that pick the class 40 hull is the Loft 40 and this one is for me a lot more interesting than the Azuree. Daring and very innovating. Not a boat for everybody, but to a happy couple that likes to receive friends.

The aim of this boat is not maximum performance, but just having a fast cruiser boat that maximizes space concept, in the interior and on the outside. It is called loft because he uses space as continuum. The maneuverer space of the boat is all on the back. There is a covered space that interconnects with the interior, more precisely with the galley and a cabin that opens to the saloon.

This is a two person boat. A boat that can host a party or receive a considerable number of guests. It is a fun boat that with 6.5T and 90m2 of sail and a gennaker with 80m2 should be a pleasant and fast boat to sail. A boat to enjoy life.

Comments please!

LoftBoats
Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook