SailNet Community - View Single Post - New York to the Med
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013

TrishAffleck is on a distinguished road
New York to the Med

Hi Everyone,

My name is Trish, I'm 56, Australian & have a 2004 Catalina 42'.

I am looking for crew to join me on trans Atlantic adventure to the Med, starting in Charleston, SC then onto New York, the Azores & then finally southern Spain.

I have an extremely well equipped boat & she has all she needs for blue water sailing & trans ocean crossings.

My plan is to leave Charleston no later than mid May, head for NY, spend a couple of weeks there as well as Long Island Sound, Newport, Martha's & Nantucket which will be the staging point for the crossing to the Azores around mid June.

A couple of weeks R&R in the Azores & then it's onto the Med. I expect we would arrive there in mid August.

So, if you have a few sea miles under your belt, like the idea of such an adventure, I'd love to hear from you. Your contribution to food & boat expenses is US$200 a week & I supply everything else.

When you reply, tell me about yourself, your experience & anything else that you think is relevant. I am happy to answer any of you question.

You will need a valid passport with 12 months before expiration on it & no criminal record. Weapons & drugs are a no no.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Many thanks
Trish
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook