SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Thanks,

Yes, it's a bit dearer from new than the keel boat I talked about in the other thread. I'm not "rich", but I do have a bit of money at present.

The keelboat we discussed in the other thread is made from foam-core epoxy (no vinylester or polyester), and they are one-offs. Compared to a new Krysalis 42 in racing trim, the Krysalis is €80-100K dearer. But with the carbon spars etc. the designer and I were discussing, we're talking a price increase of 15-25 percent, which would make the difference between the fin-keeler and the Krysalis much less. However, seeing that the Krysalis is not in production anymore, and seeing the prices of the one(s) for sale, it would actually save me quite a lot of money to buy the used one, and outfit it myself. I like spartan, though, so it wouldn't take much, nor would it add a lot of weight to the multihull. And, to boot, it would still be far more luxurious than "cockpit camping" on the old-school fin keeler.
Not to mention boat value. That trimaran completely revised and with a new interior would worth a lot more than a racing boat so you in fact would lose a lot less money when and if you sell the sailboat in the future.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook