SailNet Community - View Single Post - Overpropped; What to do?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013

last mango is on a distinguished road
Re: Overpropped; What to do?

Chuckles - wondering if you got your boat in water yet to see what RPM's turning. I have an Endeavour 38 I recently got with the yanmar 44hp 4JHE engine. Wondering if it has some fuel/injector issues.At the dock you can run it and get some white smoke that will clean out after running it a bit. Boat had sat up a year. Trying to drain as much fuel out as I can then probably drain the rest and see if that helps before new injectors. Cranks right up and runs smooth. Took it out yesterday and ran it awhile and when running the RPM's up to around 2900 on the tach it was rolling black smoke out the exhaust and smell unburned diesel. Has a 17x16 2 blade prop. Transmission is a Kanziki KBW20, 2.62:1 reduction. When you bring the RPM's down around 2000 to 2200 levels out fine and in flat water was doing around 6.5 to 6.8knots. Surveyor on sea trail thought it may be a little overpropped. Thinking if changing to use a 3 blade as like the extra bite when you need it. Not racing much anymore. Anyone have some thoughts
thanks
Last Mango
Endeavour 38
Mobile AL
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook