SailNet Community - View Single Post - Modern Hull forms and Motion Comfort
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Modern Hull forms and Motion Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
That Pogo looked like it had very nice motion to me. I realize they were not sailing in the roaring 40's but on long passages across the pacific we have far more days where the seas look just like in the video than days of lousy seas. Put a dodger and spray skirts on her and she will be pretty dry in conditions like that. How would the Pogo sail if seas were rough and you slowed her down to 7 Kts? Can she be slowed down and still sail as well?
Yes I am sure but the one more indicated to tell you about that is Eric. I find amazing that boat has that performance and has the ability to go near to the shore for safer anchorage, due to his swing keel. I was deleting old emails and found one reply from the shipyard to a request for information that I had made some years ago when the boat has only a project. It turned out that the swing keel is lighter than the torpedo keel for a similar RM. That is only possible because the torpedo keel for practical reasons cannot be as deep as the swing one.

The boat you are seeing on the the first movie is a charter boat, not for racing but for cruising.

http://www.fastsailing.gr/sailing.asp?catid=4271

On the second movie testers are testing it, among others boats, for the European 2012 Boat of the year contest. On the beginning of the movie we can see a sail faraway, going on the same course. Later we can see the Pogo catching it and leaving it behind with a big speed differential. That boat is a big and fast cruiser racer, a Grand Soleil 50

And they have improved the interior to the point that it is quite nice, light and practical one:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-14-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook