SailNet Community - View Single Post - Modern Hull forms and Motion Comfort
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Modern Hull forms and Motion Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
Paulo, those videos of the Pogo 12,5 are really impressive. She looks quite comfortable in those mild sea conditions. I'd like to see how that hull configuration does when the sea kicks up into 6' square-faced waves and also how she handles in a big following sea. I can't help but think the bow might tend to be underwater a lot (to the point of pitchpoling) and make control a bit difficult. It looks like a wet ride but going that fast, it's understandable.
You can ask Eric (EricKLYC), he is quite honest in his assessments and he has one of those. For what I know this is one of the best boats to have on a following sea, big or not. Very steady and able to go very fast even with big waves (that diminish the speed of the waves regarding the boat). Regarding frontal waves this is not the best boat around. This is a voyage boat for the trade winds.

Eric had already posted about that on the interesting boat thread comparing the performance of his boat with boats like mine that are good on those conditions. The motion is more uncomfortable, the boat experiences a bigger wave drag, he has to open more its course regarding to the wind but the boat has lot's of power so it can get a very good speed that somewhat can compensate its poorer pointing ability with waves.

Without waves or small waves the boat points well upwind (for a cruiser) and has a very good speed (lots power for a small wet surface - the boat weights only 5500kg )

Pogo 12,50 | Chantier naval STRUCTURES, constructeur des voiliers POGO (site officiel) :: STRUCTURES Shipyard, construction of sailing boat POGO (Oficial website)

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-15-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook