SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making Distilled Water?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Making Distilled Water?

I guess I'm still stuck with your fundamental issue - storage of water. It seems you're creating a fairly elaborate set-up, which will also have to be stored, to overcome storing something that you need. I appreciate the concern that a water bottle might leak, but if, as you've suggested, you were putting them in sufficiently small containers so as to make storage practical, wouldn't you also inherently be limiting the amound of water that can be spilled from any one container? In my mind, I'm envisioning you using the 12-16oz bottles you get at the grocery store for bottled water (where a case of water is $4). Depending on what you're storing around it, are 2 cups of water really going to be that big of a deal? In my mind, I'd be looking at buying a case of water and consuming it, keeping the bottles handy. If you want to be really anal, steralize the bottles, then fill the bottles from gallon-sized bottles of distilled water. Close the bottles, and put a dab of hot melt glue, some packing plastic (think cling-wrap), or packing tape on the outside to keep them from accidentally opening. Then stuff the bottles a) wherever they will fit and b) where you'll remember they exist.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook