SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Summit yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiasDePlaya View Post
One that I like is the Summit MD35. For me that I'm Chilean the main advantaje is this boat is made in Argentina, then I can go to Buenos Aires to buy one and transport it on a trailer to Chile.

MD35 Matagi - YouTube
Yes, that boat is beautiful. It is only that one or all Summit yachts are made in Argentina?

You know it is pretty odd, I think the Summit are among the most beautiful boats and certainly between the best American boats, I have talked about them here already but I can't remember to see any thread or mention about them on the Sailnet except here. And there are still some that say I don't like American boats

I like particularly the Summit 40 that has already some years and was known before as King 40, a Mills design that has not taken any wrinkles. Still a very fast and beautiful boat.

It is a pity they have not provide it with a good cruising interior but maybe they know that even with a nice interior there are no market in America for fast performance cruisers. American sailors still consider them just racing boats so they make them with a very simple interiors because they know that the few that are going to buy them will be racers.

In Europe there is a much bigger percentage of cruisers that buy performance cruisers and some brands like Salona or Pogo are already selling more boats to cruisers than to racers.

Some movies with the Summit/King 40:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-15-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook