SailNet Community - View Single Post - Restoring those plastic sink cover cutting board things...
View Single Post
post #32 of Old 04-16-2013
Seņor Member
Re: Restoring those plastic sink cover cutting board things...

We're drifting away from the OP (but it's still a good discussion...)

While the points are valid, I am not as cautious as Dave advocates. Cross contamination is a risk, but we aren't going to make our kitchen/galley a level 4 bio containment area. If we do drop the ball and wind up with a bacteria problem, we're talking about a little intestinal distress for short while and it will have absolutely no impact on my income (unlike a commercial kitchen, and today's "you can't swing a cat without hitting an ambulance chasing lawyer" society which is a really bad combo.) Mind you, we clean as we go and have a dedicated meat board which is only used for raw meat and a couple of small chopping boards for everything else so we aren't ignoring safe practices -- just not getting anally retentive about it.

I also happen to have convinced myself that a little bacteria is a good thing -- it keeps the immune system strong. (Probably whistling through the graveyard, but it works for me.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'85 BYB Vagabond 39
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome