SailNet Community - View Single Post - Repair 4 hp two stroke ?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013
Banned

dabnis is on a distinguished road
Re: Repair 4 hp two stroke ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou452 View Post
Easy come easy go. They want it back. I have it running in a 55 gal drum sounds good one pull to start it.
I pulled the coils out and checked the coils with a ohm meter. I found some info on this Iboat forum that gave values for the primary 1-2 ohms and secondary 6-8 ohms This engine showed 12 ohms on the secondary? As I said me and wires do not mix. I have know idea what I am doing.
I checked the spark when I put the coils back and it was a little bit better but not a bright blue but a strong yellow and shooting of the plug sides. I cleaned the plugs up this helped the "fire" still not blue.
I checked the compression once more both holes plugs out 60 lbs One of you said to do this It seemed to help the sound.
I noticed the mix Lean rich dials not balanced so I set them to the middle.
Pulled the rope a few times and the pay off came on pull 5-7
Now it will start in one if it is warm.
Lake test Sat I think
The motor has been recalled so it seems. Not a loss to me as it came to me for free. I now have a little bit of an idea what is going on and how to work on one. That's a plus
I wish to thank all of you that gave me an ear and some help Kind Regards, Lou
Now that you are a little more familiar with 2 strokes, perhaps you could find a good used one on Craigslist or equivalent?

Paul T
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook