SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis - Atlantic early June
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-16-2013 Thread Starter
willyd
美國佬

Annapolis - Atlantic early June

I'm planning a trip from the Severn river to the Atlantic ocean and back June 1st - 10th or so. I'd like to make a non-stop leg to Norfolk, and it's primarily for this leg that I'd like to have crew. After Norfolk (or Cape Charles), I want to poke the bow out into the Atlantic and perhaps sail up to Chincoteague and back. A circumnavigation of the peninsula is not out of the question.

I'm looking for competent crew that knows the basics of chart navigation and can steer - someone looking for more experience sailing at night or navigating using charts would be ideal. I have one semi-committed crew member and am looking for a 3rd or backup in case he can't make it.

The boat is a Whitby 25, a folkboat-based sloop that I've owned since 2011. Here's a photo.
I've owned a few small sloops which I've sailed around the Bay and have also crewed on some deliveries. A map of a similar trip I took last year as well as some amateur videos can be found here.

I'll provide meals on board, but you will have to get yourself to and from the boat - like a camping trip, only on the water. No solicitations from professional skippers, thank you.

Give me a holler if all or part of this trip sounds interesting.

1964 Whitby 25
Severna Park, Maryland
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome