SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis - Atlantic early June
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road
Annapolis - Atlantic early June

I'm planning a trip from the Severn river to the Atlantic ocean and back June 1st - 10th or so. I'd like to make a non-stop leg to Norfolk, and it's primarily for this leg that I'd like to have crew. After Norfolk (or Cape Charles), I want to poke the bow out into the Atlantic and perhaps sail up to Chincoteague and back. A circumnavigation of the peninsula is not out of the question.

I'm looking for competent crew that knows the basics of chart navigation and can steer - someone looking for more experience sailing at night or navigating using charts would be ideal. I have one semi-committed crew member and am looking for a 3rd or backup in case he can't make it.

The boat is a Whitby 25, a folkboat-based sloop that I've owned since 2011. Here's a photo.
I've owned a few small sloops which I've sailed around the Bay and have also crewed on some deliveries. A map of a similar trip I took last year as well as some amateur videos can be found here.

I'll provide meals on board, but you will have to get yourself to and from the boat - like a camping trip, only on the water. No solicitations from professional skippers, thank you.

Give me a holler if all or part of this trip sounds interesting.