SailNet Community - View Single Post - Restoring those plastic sink cover cutting board things...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Restoring those plastic sink cover cutting board things...

"I am sure when most people posting on here eat in a restaurants you hope they"
Restaurants are theater and as they teach in Theater101, theater only works when the theatergoers have "willing suspension of disbelief". My grandfather was in the food business and he'd point out that every restaurant owner ate "across the street" because he knew what went on in his own kitchen.
I did have the pleasure of eating in a south american steakhouse two years ago, chosen because a tv nooze show talking about food inspections pointed them out "for consistantly having zero violations every year since they opened" as an example to prove it CAN be done. Two months later...it closed and became a Korean BBQ. Damfino, the steak was fine.

But my Inuit friend Nunquiuk says you fellas must have one wicked sense of humor, everyone knows there's no such thing as an "ice paddle". When the kayak gets into solid ice, you stop paddling and walk! Maybe you mean one of those freon-filled ice cream scoopers or something like that? (He's been getting free drinks at the bar all night long, telling people about the funny sailors with the ice paddles.)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook