SailNet Community - View Single Post - Angry at my surveyor....
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Angry at my surveyor....

Thanks for all the thoughts and comments.

As for why I'm angry at him it is not for finding things or missing things. It's the imprecise language that I feel could put my policy at risk. I'm also mad because he said I need to fix the 2 wood issues in order to be in ABYC compliance. I feel that statement is wrong.

Agreed that these items should eventually be fixed, but I'm currently in the yard paying for MAJOR repairs. (everything between the transmission and prop is being replaced) I fear that my bank account can't easily absorb the cost of the wood repairs and I would much rather do them later this year or next. My bulkheads aren't structural. His statement makes it sound like I should be chained to the dock until I do those things.

I'll try for a word edit on the general statement and I'll see if he made a mistake by saying I need to fix the wood to be in ABYC compliance. If he doesn't feel he made a mistake, I'll ask him to quote the standard.

If no joy with the word edits, we'll just have to see what the insurance company says. They've been good to us in the past so maybe I'm stressing out over this prematurely.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook