SailNet Community - View Single Post - Spirit 23 modifications
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013

windyway is on a distinguished road
Re: Spirit 23 modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacebart View Post
how did you get the pumps in and mounted? I can just maybe reach the rear portion of the well.
That is the purpose of the pump mounting bracket. First I measured the triangle pocket in the hull, then I made the triangle mounting bracket & arranged all the pumps & floats on it. Then I fitted the aft tab (as seen in the picture) I bolted a piece of small plywood to this bracket with a stainless bolt & furniture upholstery nut. I then slid this whole unit in place with epoxy covering the bottom of the bolted in place plywood piece. I let the epoxy cure then removed the bolt & pump tray. Put the bolt back in place, (So I wouldn't cover the bolt threads in epoxy) and then epoxied the small plywood piece in permanently. The whole bracket assembly is held in place with 2 rubber feet in the front and 1 bolt in the back. This tray allows all hoses & wiring to be installed PRIOR to inserting the tray in position. It sounds more complicated than it was. It didn't take too long at all AND I get no more than 4 cups of water in the bilge before the float turns the primary pump on . This prevents any kind of mold buildup or wet storage areas. The secondary pump is 1 inch higher than the primary one & it has only been on when I test the system every few months. Works great!

Last edited by windyway; 05-14-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to windyway For This Useful Post:
peacebart (07-02-2013)