SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Iy 10.98

The IY 10.98 (Italia yachts) is one of the 36ft that I like more. It is light, it is fast, it has a great cruising interior and a classical look. Well to be true the classical look is the thing I like less, I mean I like a classical touch but here it is too... uninspired? Anyway I am being picky. Personally I would take this one easily over the Dufour 36 performance (a very different boat).

If you want to see how this baby takes nasty weather have a look;

and have a better look here, I think you will be impressed (I was):

Some movies that give a pretty good idea how the boat sail in light weather and show an high quality interior and I mean really high:

and now have another look:

I guess they agree with me regarding the previous version being too uninspired because they changed it and this one is just perfect: What a beautiful boat, what a great boat!!!!!

You will be only able to understand my enthusiasm if you visit the boat and look at the quality of everything but you will be able to understand half of it if you look at the boat dimensions:

Get it?

ITALIA YACHTS » IY10.98 » Technical specifications

This is a Mauricio Cossutti design and can be made on two versions, one with a bigger draft, carbon mast and all that will make it a high performance racer in handicap racing (not losing its cruise ability) and other less pointed to racing, with a smaller draft and eventually a bigger water tankage.

Regarding performance at high level, the boat made 5th on the 2011 World ORCI championship (they claim first among standard boats) they didn't race on the 2012 (far away in Finland) and I am very curious about the performance on the 2013 World Championship that it will be in Italy, were several boats will race for sure.

A gem this one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-18-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook