SailNet Community - View Single Post - Norway as a sailing country
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013

knuterikt is on a distinguished road
Re: Norway as a sailing country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Broersma View Post
Hi Knuterikt!

I would like your advice. I will travel to Norway soon to get some feel of the country and it's sailing culture. I am now looking at Bergen as a harbor from where people would start their travels. I hope to find and talk to people there about their experiences and plans for the future. Would you say Bergen would be the best city for me to travel to (by plane). Or would you say it would be a better idea to go somewhere else. I would like to visit several yachting clubs. I found a couple in Bergen. What else would be a destination I should look into?
Bergen is the largest city on the west coast of Norway. I would think you will find direct flights from the Netherlands to Bergen. But Oslo is main hub for national flights.

I don't know what your plans are so it's kind of difficult to give any good advice.

If your plan is to establish some kind of operation on the Norwegian west coast i think Bergen is a good place to start.

What we call "Sørlandet" the stretch from Lindesnes to Risør is a different kind of cruising ground (generally better weather and a little bit warmer in summer)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook