SailNet Community - View Single Post - Angry at my surveyor....
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013

barefootnavigator is on a distinguished road
Re: Angry at my surveyor....

For what its worth I am a long time broker and love hardened surveyors. Sure I have lost many deals but its not the surveyors fault its the sellers fault. As a broker my number one duty is to find the perfect boat for my client. I personally inspect each boat before my client writes an offer so they don't waste 1500 bucks on a survey process that turns into a dead deal, after a purchase price is agreed on then we bring in a professional. I recently left my company because my standards were too high for the company and I got tired of fighting it. I got tired of haring the term your not a yacht broker your a salesman. As far as I'm concerned I'm a consultant and would never lie or hold anything back just to earn a commission. I have satisfied clients who have safely sailed their boats all over the world. One time got in a huge argument with a client when I would write an offer for him on what was clearly the wrong boat for his proposes, three years later he called me and thanked me fro mexico for finding him the perfect boat. I get paid to do a job just as an honest surveyor does. You sound like an awesome surveyor sailvayu.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by barefootnavigator; 04-18-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook