SailNet Community - View Single Post - Angry at my surveyor....
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013

sailvayu is on a distinguished road
Re: Angry at my surveyor....

Faster, sounds to me like you are knocking surveyors in general. In the above post you complain you have to tell the surveyor what is wrong and then complain the surveyor finds things just to justify his fee. So on one hand he is finding things and on the other he is not?

Honestly I often find problems the owner was not aware of you may not know your boat as well as you think. It can help to have a fresh pair of eyes sometimes and that applies to me as well as I have had to hire a surveyor to get my insurance and yes they found things I did not know about. Why? because I have not looked at that hose or in that hole in awhile.

I am guessing you shopped your last 2 insurance surveys on price alone wanting to get the cheapest report you could and of course you got what you paid for. And the time a surveyor spends on the boat is only part of the time spend doing your full report, somebody has to write the report do the comps and research the findings. Believe it or not most of us work hard it this stuff even if you only see a small part of what is done.

But i know I will not change everyones mind

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook