SailNet Community - View Single Post - Angry at my surveyor....
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Angry at my surveyor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
I will call him and I'll let y'all know what he says.

Medsailor
That's the right move. Call him and ask him to cite the ABYC standards in question, not us. The very vast majority of us aren't surveyors, and the very few who are are likely not going to put their rep on the line by second-guessing the surveyor who was eyes-on.

But we'll all be happy to offer our unqualified opinion on an unseen boat, unsolicited.

Something to consider, as i discovered- some surveyors will "recycle" the template of a previously performed survey on a similar boat when asked to do an insurance survey. When i received the survey on my boat i noticed a number of discrepancies- glaring differences in bilge pumps, galley equipment, sail inventory, engine type, etc. When i called the surveyor and pointed out that the auxiliary engine on my boat was a yanmar diesel, not an atomic four, among other concerns, i was told "sorry about that, because it was an insurance survey I just reused another survey and tacked on new pictures and some new info, i discovered on my inspection."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook