SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bad yacht accident: two dead (one rescuer)
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013
Bilge-Hamster

divefreak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to divefreak
Re: Bad yacht accident: two dead (one rescuer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
You can be sure the decisions of the guy in charge will be questioned ("why the hell didn't you just pick up the sailboat's crew and get the hell out of there??") and maybe they'll get a more suitable rescue boat like you guys use.

Perhaps.. or equipment? or training?? I would not know, just sitting back in my arm-chair like you are, Paulo.
Hi

Lifeboat/Rescueboat Design is a since of its own

I discussed the australian philosophies with Pete from mid coast marine, he´s well known in the IRB /Surfrescue scene.

I´ll never understand why cat boats are used in the surf! Inshore, on lakes or on the baltic, yes. They make a nice an stable work platform. But on a Barr/ in the surf, no way i would go out in such a boat!

Give me a rigid hull inflatable, or a conventional deep V hull. with a self rightening Frame or pilothouse and I´ll be happy

The RNLI Boats are nice or our aluminium Boats, but they are too slow IMHO, but very very safe. On the other Hand even on our 27m ships they had deadly accidents in the north sea.