SailNet Community - View Single Post - Toying with an idea (stern perch seats)
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Toying with an idea (stern perch seats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo View Post
Jim, sorry, I forgot to reply to your question about the status of the boat. She's still at the marina. They hope to have an estimate of the cost to disassemble (and thus determine whether there is an insurance claim here) by next week. Of course, that's what they said last week, too. But at least they aren't charging me storage fees! And I know they are busy; it's frustrating, but understandable. The marina has said many times that I am welcome to come down and make myself at home while the boat is there. I'm leery to do too much, though; if she's going to be totaled, I don't want to expend any additional energy or cost on her. So, for now I'm focusing on further rehabbing the Albacore that's in my driveway.
A couple of thoughts come to mind. If she's totaled, nothing says you can't buy her back from the insurance company after you're paid off and do the work yourself. She appears to be a solid boat worth saving.

Also you're a bit north of Annapolis if I remember correctly (though not sure how far north). There have got to be some local fabricators there who could give you an estimate on something like this. I can't imagine you'd be the first to ask.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook