SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Jeff:
On draft:
Wolf sails in my backyard. He can live with 9' draft. I say we go 5'10" to start and se what that looks like. It will mean a shorter fin but that can be good so long as we keep the fin long enough to sit the boat on.

If he objects to 5'10" draft we can go to 5'6" draft.

If he objects to 5'6" draft we can duct tape him to a chair and make him listen to the orchestral works of John Adams until he cries Uncle!

At 5'6" draft we should be able to do a bulbless fin given that we will have the planform required to get the lead low on a deep sump. Like the Valiants.

Maybe we should keep in mind an adjustment to the L/B. He's pretty narrow now with a full bow. Maybe we should think about an L/B around 3.85. Do you know what his current L/B is? It looks to me like it's around 5.0 now. He'll piss and moan over it but in the end he'll have a much better boat that has some stability. If he objects we'll give him more of the John Adams music.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook