SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marblehead to Hampton, NH
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013

klem is on a distinguished road
Re: Marblehead to Hampton, NH

If you are looking for a lunch stop on your first day, Brace Cove is neat and a place where most people don't get to from the shore due to no parking. Rockport itself is cool and Bearskin Neck is very cute but you could easily get there by car as well so it is less special to me although it is one of my wife's favorites.

Since you will have the boat in Hampton, you will be able to check out some of the cool nearby places provided you like gunkholing. The Merrimack is pretty full of boats but you can definitely get in there and a lot of people really like it. If you are adventurous, you can go into Ipswich and the backside of Plum Island. Another place you can go if you are adventurous is Essex bay which is actually where I keep my boat. Beware that the place where deeper draft boats used to anchor in Essex Bay has vanished and you have to look around for water that is deep enough to allow you to stay there over low tide. With all of these places, you should be careful, this winter's storms moved a lot of sand around. If you are interested, I can give more detailed info on Essex Bay but I haven't looked anywhere else yet this year so my information is out of date.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook