SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Jpk 38

And since we revisited the JPK 10.10 let's have another look to the boat JPK designed expressly for cruising and solo sailing, the JPK 38. I am partial about this one because I like it very much.

They proposed initially a swing keel option and I don't know if they will make one if the client asks but it seems that they have fixed on two standard configurations: Bulbed keel with a 2.15m draft and twin bulbed keels with 1.75m draft.

The B/D ratio is very good for this type of boat and keel: 38%. That with the big hull form stability means a huge stiffness and a very powerful and stable boat.

The hull is beamy, with fine entries and based on the shape of ocean racers but proportionally less beamy than a Pogo. I like the interior too.

A fast and easy to sail boat that will provide a lot of sailing pleasure with good cruising accommodation and with a more than reasonable draft, considering the twin keel version at a fair price with the advantage of the possibility of customization specially in what regards rigging and sailor preferences. JPK is a great sailor and a very nice guy and will provide very useful information that makes easy to chose the best configuration to each one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook