SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013

Chimbatete is on a distinguished road
Re: Iy 10.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
The IY 10.98 (Italia yachts) is one of the 36ft that I like more. It is light, it is fast, it has a great cruising interior and a classical look. Well to be true the classical look is the thing I like less, I mean I like a classical touch but here it is too... uninspired? Anyway I am being picky. Personally I would take this one easily over the Dufour 36 performance (a very different boat).

If you want to see how this baby takes nasty weather have a look;

and have a better look here, I think you will be impressed (I was):

IY 10.98 "Trilli" in Regatta | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Some movies that give a pretty good idea how the boat sail in light weather and show an high quality interior and I mean really high:

and now have another look:

A gem this one

Hi Paulo,

Since these boats are not found in NA you made a point of reference to the Dufour 36P (which is a good boat) and say you'll take this over it (whatever reasons).

Now how would you compare this boat to a Salona 37 (or the new 38) for example? As far as quality/perceived performance in general?

I ask this because this is a very attractive boat and I see that its possible to have it sail away for $225k which is less than a new J111 here by quite a bit with a much better interior and cockpit (unless my eyes are mistaken).

Just want to get perspectives.