SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1
Re: Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?

Nice big boat! Ours is 36x11.11x4'8" and Sea Casa weighs 15,000 (6K of that is in the keel). What is mexirent like per foot? Hopefully not too bad.

Is Bubba wanting his fancy feast? That's why he's ignoring you, huh? Stinker! Cats are definitely tempermental and will tell you in some way or other that they're unhappy.

We're thinking about putting more chain, but it's pricey and we may need to just go with the line and the chain is about 38'. Total of about 140'. We're also thinking of maybe picking up an third anchor, but maybe they're less expensive in other countries? Maybe not, too. I know anything imported is pricier than in the U.S. I can see what you mean about the extra ballast keeping the boat more steady and sailing smoother. Makes total sense to me.

Hope you're having a calm evening. Where are you docked/moored/anchored right now? What's the weather like? It was so nice here in Kemah today. We had low 70 degrees, a bit of cool wind, and lovely sky. It's supposed to get chilly in the next couple of days, so time to put back on the long sleeves and jeans. I like it a little cool though. Love to snuggle into the blankets. Since we moved over here and on the boat at end of January, the weather has been mostly like spring. March had some strong winds, but not a lot of rain.
I know when one sails, weather becomes very important. I've always watched the weather, mainly because I used to have a small landscaping business in Santa Fe, NM and had to be aware of weather conditions all the time. Enjoy maps, weather, stuff like that.

Sleep well tonight.

Diane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook