SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...

I'm seeing a trend here...

Smackdaddy keeps defending the Hunter 40 and keeps coming back to this particular make and model. He says he's entertaining the idea of a Bene, but I haven't heard much enthusiasm from him about Benes so far. In fact, there has been a chorus "Benes are better than hunters" but Smack defends the Hunter.

Smackdaddy should buy a Hunter 40.

Why? Because, as I've said many times before here, all decisions to buy boats are firmly grounded in insanity, not reason. I've had other boats look better on my pros/cons list but still gone for the one that I couldn't stop thinking about.

Buy the boat you can't stop thinking about. Buy the boat you're excited about. Listen to that little voice that won't let everyone else tell you it's a tub, or it's ugly, or it's whatever.

A 40ft boat is going to be quite the relationship, and if you're in love with her, you'll lavish love on her and she'll love you back. If you're not in love with her the to-do list becomes a burden and the flaws start to show through in your mind. If you are in love with the boat, you will be blind to her flaws and she'll be the best boat on the water.

The only exception to my ramblings above would be if you were REALLY going to buy a POS and were a little too blind. You're not though. You're not cooing over an over-priced ferro boat in someone's back yard, or a half built project or GOD FORBID a wooden boat.

Smack, buy the Hunter 40. You're in love with it and you're not hiding it very well.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook