SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Lets choose SmackDaddy's new boat...

OKAY - FINE, I love the Hunter!!! Are you happy now, Med???

Seriously, here's the calculus. If it were just me, or just me and the boys, I'd buy the Bene First in a heart beat. No doubt. It's a better boat all-round - one that could take us anywhere on the planet we wanted to go.

BUT, we're not going to be doing a circ, and likely won't be doing a major crossing. We're just going to be cruising - having fun - and spending a good deal of time at anchor.

More importantly, I really want to get my family and friends into it with us. As far as accommodations, both the kids and the f/f will like the Hunter interior more than they'll like the Bene interior. It's just bigger and "nicer". And I can live with and/or address the "seamanship" issues with the interior. (Plus I seriously don't want to deal with that damn headliner issue - or the red sinks - on the Bene.)

So, take that along with the 104 PHRF and the price point - and I think it's a hell of a good compromise boat. Also, Jeff doesn't hate it - that goes a long way with me.

Finally, if I do buy it, I can come back here and kick butt on all the Benehunterlina-hating Nancies. That's worth the price of admission right there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook