SailNet Community - View Single Post - Places to drop a hook or overnight
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef
Hello Neighbor SailorMitch, we too sail out of Rock Creek, Oak Harbor Marina.

Mitch covered them well. I'd second Swan Creek. Other favorites include Hawks Cove, behind Gibson Island, and the Corsica off the Chester River. A bit further if you get a real early start are on the Northern Bay are, Fairlee Creek, Still Pond, and Worton Creeks. South

You may want to pick up a Guide to Cruising the Chesapeake Bay. It gives good insight into the uniqueness of hundreds of anchorages and their personalities.

In the hight of the season many will be VERY crowded, especially for the late arrivals, double that if its a holiday weekend!!!
Hey, I'm at Oak Harbor, too. I'll send you a PM. Great place to sail out of.

Brak -- literally, just point your boat the way the wind blows you, and there will be a nice anchorage there waiting for you. The northern bay is a tremendous place!

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook