View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013
Daniel - Norsea 27

Rhapsody-NS27 is on a distinguished road
Re: Paying for Document

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Got this today;
It would make a great deal more sense for a document to expire every five (5) years, lessening the bureaucracy and hassle for all parties involved.
I've been thinking 5yrs would be nice too for travelers. Or better yet, good for the term of ownership of the vessel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnChuck View Post
I agree, a multi year document would be ideal, but we are dealing with a government agency.Chuck
I've been hearing in the military for many years that we're going paperless. The idea, I think, was to have everything go to digital signatures and be able to email things back and forth. Still have yet to see it. We may have digital signatures but still have to print out various forms, cover sheets, and supporting documents to submit anything to different offices and probably use just as much paper as before. Now with the budget cuts, we're getting less supplies and still having to use just as much.

If they are proposing a fee due to the costs involved, they could cut costs just by not having to print up so many documents each year. It could be spaced out every 5, 10, or more years and that alone could save spending. This can also save cruisers from many headaches of trying to get a new document if they are overseas each year.

Quote:
“When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.” — Dr. Samuel Johnson

Last edited by Rhapsody-NS27; 04-20-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook