SailNet Community - View Single Post - Will USCG fly over Cuba airspace?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
Re: Will USCG fly over Cuba airspace?

Hellosailor, now you've gone from passive aggressive to damn near obnoxious. If you had the LEAST understanding of how the person to person trips work, you'd understand that they require a full time, call it 'cultural', component - i.e. meeting with, Cubans, in some fashion in which you are learning about the country, its people and its culture and history, and so on. I thought that had been made clear, but if not, perhaps now you understand.
The only way for these trips to work is to introduce that component - it's how the Smithsonian does it, it's how the motorcycle tours work, and it's how this program will work. In fact, it's how EVERY single person to person tour operates - them are the rules.
I'm well aware of the relevance of politics to this issue btw. You might try to google some of the articles I've written on the topic, in SAIL Magazine for example.
Jon Eisberg's articles are, indeed, well done and worth reading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook