SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
New Bavaria 37

On another thread I said that a new Bavaria 40 would probably come up soon with a new style on the the interior and on the outside, a better one following the trend they started on the Visions and on the Cruiser 56.

I thought that it would sense for then to use the hull of the actual boat since it is a good one, designed by Farr and that had proven well even in top match racing (with a special version with the same hull but lighter).

Well, it seems I was right. They are offering now the 40 and the 36 in a limited edition. I guess it is a limited one because they will stop to make those models

In fact it seems the first one it will be the 37. It looks to me the 36 hull or at least one not very different but I can be wrong since I could not find any dimensions neither a top view, but the news are good:

The boat looks a lot better than the previous 36, it maintains the 4 winches on the cockpit and two over the cabin (the Bavarias are the only ones that offer that on mass produced cruisers) and the front sail has a small car over the cabin and that means the possibility to go really close to the wind. It is possible that they can offer as an option a bigger car for a genoa over the cockpit.

The interior has the same type of finish and style we found on the 56 but I hope they correct that interior on the boat.

The cabinets look too small, they are not aligned with the ones over the galley the white surface is way too big (on the saloon) and the port hull too small regarding what is offered by the competition and regarding what most sailors want.

Anyway a big improvement in what regards looks over the previous boat that had a quite impersonal interior and looked fat on the outside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook