SailNet Community - View Single Post - Paying for Document
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013

sailordave is on a distinguished road
Re: Paying for Document

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
Folks please use comment secton mentioned in original post. Just did it and it was effortless. May make no difference but you never know.
It MAY help. Remember the outrage over the proposed Broadband spectrum that was close to the same frequency used by GPS. Public comments helped shoot that down!

Here is what I submitted.

I am curious what is driving this FEE. Is it revenue? Or is it to cover the cost of administering the documentation service. If it is operating costs, then I would suggest that the USCG do several things.
A) go to a multi-year renewal. It seems ridiculous to have to mail paperwork back and forth every year. I renew my car for two years and people change cars frequently. I would suggest a 3 year renewal at a minimum, maybe even 5 years.
If this were the case I would say that $26 would be a fair cost to administer the renewal process.

B) This is the 21st century. WHY are we mailing paperwork back and forth? This whole process should be done electronically or at the very least I should get an email w/ the form to print out and mail or email back.

C) IF this is a fundraising fee to help offset the operating costs of the USCG then I am unequivocally opposed to the implementation of the fee.

Last edited by sailordave; 04-21-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added comment
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook