SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Salona 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviid View Post
Hi Paulo

There was a suggestion that Salona were in trouble financially and that this had been the case for some time. I don't know how reliable this was. Could be speculation. Surely though you would support your own boat show in your own country?

I was wanting to see the Salona 35 and 38.

A difficult industry to make money in for sure

David
Hi David.

Unless they had a serious disagreement with the boat show organizers. That story of economic trouble is kind of odd since that boat show is not only in their country but in their home town so the costs of having boats there would be minimal. if you wanted to see the boats you could as well went to the shipyard that is in Salona on the industrial zone of split.

They have been recently (less than a month) in a boat show in France ( Port Camargue) with the 35 and 41 and for what I can tell the boats are selling well in North of Europe. Some months ago in Dusseldorf I meet and talked with Nenad, their sales responsible and they had plenty of commands.

Very intriguing in fact, but as you say it is very hard to survive with a strong competition and a depression in Europe.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook