SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why a racer for cruising discussion...
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Why a racer for cruising discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeventyr60 View Post
All good CD. yes, same here, lock stock and barrel on the boat. we actually are cruising about 1500 lbs lighter then when I left Seattle in 99. It does make a difference! I was given a water maker several years ago, and have never installed it. Don't want anything extra to maintain. 100 gallons for two goes a long way...plus it rains.

Same with food, a village on every island, fresh is so good. getting pretty handy with the crab trap. Can't keep my wife away from the fishing pole either. I ride my bike also to provision, good work out in the tropical heat. Beer gets a little heavy though..
Cheers!
I have plumbed, put in the Thull, and pulled the power for the watermaker... but have not bought it yet. Water has not been our biggest problem, per se, but it can be when we are on the hook for along time. A water maker would make our life more comfortable I think - but there are so many places we enjoy going and anchoring that, even if we had a watermaker, I would not run it! Some of these bays I won't even swim in, forget drinking the water!!

We will see how much my attitude changes in the Bahamas at .45/gallon. We are trying to rig a gutter system to have the water drain into one of the tanks for things like a shower or general cleaning. THen save the other tank for good, treated, drinking water. Is that what you do?

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook