SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things that happen in cruising
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Things that happen in cruising

Well, lets see... things that happen in cruising...

Mechanically, I have lost my bilge pump float switch, my running light (which I had a spare of, put it in, and broke it too... just classic, that one), my forward dodger glass broke because in a bonehead moment I rolled it up when it was cold, dropped the tool of the month overboard, went snorkeling and had to go diving for TWO snorkels the kids dropped off the reef, had to overhaul the outboard on the water (lower end, impeller, plugs), lost yet another halogen light (can you spell LED??), knocked the gel coat off the bow with the anchor exactly ONE INCH from the spot I had just had repaired from same said anchor (classic, that one too), stepped on the wife's sun glasses (Costas... and she demanded another pair... goodbye $250), and sat down to finalize my Bahamas trip only to realize my charts and guides were out of date. That is in thirty days, btw.

Medically, I have (in order from least painful to most painful): Broke my toe and tore off the nail when it slammed into a cleat, stepped off the deck to the dock and tore my calf muscle almost in half, stepped from the cabin top to the cat walk and twisted my knee, tearing my ACL in two, had a cleat blow off a boat and hit my arm which bruised the bone in several places (got a nice little scar to remind me not to be stupid), and somehow managed to crawl up the steps and off the boat while passing a kidney stone (3.5 mm).

Most of that has happened in the last 6 months... really looking forward to the next 6 months!!! But hey, no pain, no gain!!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook