SailNet Community - View Single Post - A bluewater live-aboard for under $20k
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: A bluewater live-aboard for under $20k

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogeconomics View Post

I am good with budgeting. And this degree has taught me a few things about opportunity cost!
Sounds like you have it worked out. I can only respond to what you choose to share. That said, many have come through with your basic idea. I'd be interested in hearing from the ones (you maybe?) who actually make work what you'd like to do. They tend to disappear after not receiving the answers they expected. I'm sure one or two are out there.

I'm sure your sailing friends will tell you that there are always maintenance costs and you might be putting more of the rent/mortgage money on an ongoing basis into the boat than you expected. Even if you buy a boat brand new from the factory, there are ongoing costs.

Someone else said that no one is trying to discourage you and that's true, but before I owned a boat (and my first one was only 22 feet) I had NO IDEA how much it would cost to keep it floating even after we learned how to do a lot of the work ourselves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook