SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?

wherever chain is sold it is sold by the barrel.. received and sold inbarrels...when folks buy it, sometimes they dont want a whole barrel,, as that can be a lot of chain---so if you ask for the end of the barrel--and it has a buncha feet in it like i got at downwind marine---which is in san diego--near the police run municipal docks, then ye can arrange to buy some from down wind marine. that is the easy way.....

for mexico, bruce rocks --works best--make sure it is an original bruce. not a knock off. you will need about 200 ft of chain, or 250. 250 is safer. rope to chain chafes off and boat gets lost--lots of rocky bottom stuff here.

if i had a sewing machine i would make stuff for the boat, yes. i dont own one yet.

zihuatenejo is latitude 17. golfo de california is 28 or 29 or so...coldville, in winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook