Plopped back in the water on 04/15/13. I spent the wait-for-the tide time in the well hooking up the alternator and re-wiring the bilge pump. Backed out of the well and traversed the 100-some odd yards to the temporary slip without too much trouble. Even managed to back in without hitting anything. Given a 3 knot ebb tide and 15 knot breeze, it was no mean feat!
Tying up was a bit of a chore tho!
Spent a day and a half aboard this past weekend prepping. Installed the new lines. fixed bad wiring on the auto bilge switch, hooked up and tested shore power and pulled the RW pump impeller. DC power panel is hooked in and I found I need all new bulbs; if not new fixtures for the running lights! Now searching for an impeller! Local marina sez they have one; but we need to physically compare
As we'll be moving her "home" the w/e of the 27th, I really need to get on this project. All that needs done yet is to source, purchase and install safety equipment...flares, extinguisher and horn...all else is aboard.
I wanted to see what she looked like "all dressed up"; so I ran up the sails at the dock. Ostensibly to check rigging and see if repairs were in order
Sorted the primary main from spare and set the two jibs. The 85%'er looks good with the clew bridled off the deck at 4 feet maximum. The Genny is a tad too tall for the fore stay and halyard; but has a second clew near a foot up the luff. Once tacked off there, I have just enuff rope halyard left to cleat it off with the wire passing the winch. It'll do... for now.. IF I need it.
The breeze picked up just as the keel popped out of the mud bottom AND we were preparing to leave for the day. I stifled the desire to try to sail out of the slip and negotiate the slim channel to the main thoroughfare and head SW down along the Neck!