SailNet Community - View Single Post - Insurance and cruising...
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Insurance and cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOReilly View Post
Are these for long-term stays Brian, or does it include transient stays as well? Also, do you know how wide-spread this is? I think your examples are all Florida. What about the great beyond?

FYI, I have never encountered this insurance demand up here on the Great Lakes, but I avoid marinas as a rule, so I may have simply missed this trend.
Both, and it is not everywhere yet. I have been to some marinas that do not require it, and as I stated, Mantanzas Mooring Field requires it for even a night. I will say that I asked the clerk what happens (at Mantanzas) if I did not have insurance, which I do. SHe gave me one of those "Don't ask, don't tell" looks. Could you make something up and skate by? Probably. But I am sure that is against the law, or many laws... or I suspect so.

Brian

PS I see 300k as the minimum.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook