Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road
Re: Informal, unscientific survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfits View Post

1. Never

2. None

3. Avoid It

Sounds like your harbormaster is a really nice guy, your police chief a real jerk
Same, Same!

Our Police Chief is a nice guy, too.

I know the HMs, in both towns where I keep boats on moorings, by their first names. Good men! TCB. No hassles. The CG is present too and they have an issue requiring "blue lights" from time to time but rarely. Those events are often related to crimes or emergencies. I was stopped one day by the Coasties in very agitated condition. They were going through the motions and displaying weapons! Yikes! After about 2 minutes of their "investigation" a very similar power boat came into view from the same direction I had come. A brief "buzz" among them, a quick, "you are O.K." as I was handing over life vests for their inspection and they took off after the other boat. A legitimate case of mistaken boat identity. Drugs!

I have put my own notices on the yacht club bb regarding dangerous wakes from members with large power boats being irresponsible. Once even felt it necessary to confront one jerk in a public forum at the yc. "Summer people."

A low profile for our "keepers" is by far the best way to go. There is a high degree of mutual respect among boaters Downeast. We do not need another layer of authority feeling the need to exercise it.

Down
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook