SailNet Community - View Single Post - Insurance and cruising...
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Insurance and cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post

If you stayed here, how did you not fill out this form? You sure we are talking about the same Marathon marina? This is the one in the Florida Keys, btw, not Marathon, NY!! (smile)
Yup, same marina... I had originally only intended to spend a night or two, but you know how that often goes, and wound up stretching it out to 5 nights, if memory serves... Don't recall precisely what dockage agreement I might have signed, but I definitely know I was never asked to offer any information on insurance... Obviously, your coming in for an entire month, things are likely to be different than for a transient...

The need to have proof of insurance for a freakin' mooring, however, simply boggles the mind... Can't be too long before harbors might be demanding such proof to simply anchor there, no? Or, how about an insurance checkpoint at a spot like the Great Bridge Lock, at the start of the ICW? Just a matter of time, would be my guess...

You've gotta love the irony of being compelled to produce an insurance certificate, by a marina whose owner has recently been charged with a murder-for-hire, in a plot that grew out of a proposed drug deal...

Marathon marina owner nabbed in murder-for-hire plot - Florida - MiamiHerald.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook