SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things that happen in cruising
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Things that happen in cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Just to clarify, I was referring to dealing with the possibility of suffering a gooseneck/boom failure on MY boat, not your friend's... Perhaps you might be underestimating how 'basic' such a fix might be, on a boat as modest as mine... (grin)

Certainly, there would be someone capable of welding on St Helena, or some basic machine shop that could help me cobble some sort of fix together...

And, it would likely be a bit tidier, than CARLOS' WELDING in Fronteras, Guatemala, who once worked a minor miracle for me here... Seriously, I wish I could find someone as clever, skilled, and reasonably priced as Carlos, within 25 miles of my home here in NJ...

Plus, I carry a Band-It tool aboard... Every 'real' cruising boat (grin) going places beyond the reach of Sea-Tow and UPS should carry one, with one of these one can McGyver just about anything related to spars, etc...

BAND-IT® Tool

Geez Jon, you carry a Band-it on your boat too? And people criticize ME for carrying too much stuff (snicker). Hey, why don't you chat with Paulo on the Racer for cruiser thread.... (evil laugh)

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook