SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Our 15' Albacore is new to us, and hasn't been in the water in a few years. The previous owner said that the port-side seat (which doubles as a flotation compartment) sometimes takes on water. He tried tracking it down, but couldn't find the source. I haven't gone hunting yet (not sure how I'd do that, either), but when I had to throw the boat off the trailer, I did notice that the port side seat had a good bit of water in it. I used a hand pump to get most of it out, but I'm still a bit worried about how that will impact the overall bouyancy of the boat in the event it gets swamped.

While contemplating how to find and patch the leak, my mind started to wander, and I remembered the pool noodles I found at the dollar store. I went back there today, and purchased $25 worth of noodles to stuff into the lockers. I figure it's better than nothing, and might just help keep the boat from sinking the first time I launch her.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook